Can flowers be sad

If someone lost their family within' a year
If someone knows their life is about to end 
And if someone's heart is breaking..
Oh if it's breaking

How could I say that I'm sad
over someone who didn't even give me a chance
to make it good
to make it alright
But what if I am
If I truly am sad

Maybe the taste of real love haunts me
or alcoholism has taken it away
I still remember watching the sun rise
but I can't remember it feeling fine

Maybe I'm just bitter over it
Maybe I'm just a realist
Drowning in my own thoughts
'cause you never teached me how to swim

And if someone lost their battle against cancer
And if someone silently screams their lovers name in midnight
How could I be sad
Oh how could I say that I'm sad
When you never even gave me a chance?


J

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit